Equal Rights for All
Have you seen the new TV ad for the Sony Bravia? It is a new flat screen television. The ad calls the Bravia the "world's first television for men AND women"....??!!!! Equal rights for all! What a relief...I've always felt like a second class citizen when it came to media equipment. Now my life is complete.

3 Comments:
hi there! thanks for the commenting on my blog. I don't have much of an audience hahaha I know what you mean about men and their gadgets. Here in the PI, market target for gadgets such as videocam, flat screen tvs etc are always men. Unfair isn't it? ha! Thank God for Sony. I don't know if the Bravia is available here though.
You're welcome!
Actually, I think the Bravia ads are funny. As if TV wasn't for women until now...huh? What kind of a statement is "The world's first television for men and women" as if just by actually targeting women in their ads, the women of the world will say "hey! FINALLY a tv for ME!"
The sad thing, Josephine, is that this marketing will work. People like Tina think, "OH GOODNESS, finally Sony is recognizing that I use TVs too, Yessssssssss". Sony makes her feel "included" now, even though women have ALWAYS used TVs. They instill a false sense of prior exclusion and she is fooled into thinking that finally she is being included into the world of television. So buy your feminine television, Tina. Personally, I've always thought my TV was genitalless. Then again, maybe I haven't looked close enough. The world's first TV for men and women? F*ck Sony.
Post a Comment
<< Home