Laundry Karma
Reading this note found in a dorm laundry room in Bronxville, NY (Sarah Lawrence College, no doubt), from foundmagazine.com brought back a flood of memories. Of all the things about dorm life thatI disliked as an undergrad, "doing laundry" topped the list. Is there anyone reading this right now who survived life in a college dorm who doesn't have a laundry room horror story to tell?At the University of Massachusetts, there is a dorm complex called Southwest. It is so large, that it has a city council representative all to itself. I had heard once that it even has its own zipc code, but I don't think that's true. Anyway, doing laundry there must be a real drag.
When I was an undergraduate living in the dorms, I dreaded laundry day. You literally had to camp out in a damp, dank, basement to babysit your laundry. Once, I left the room for a few minutes to get a soda out of the vending machine, and when I walked back into the room, some one had pulled my half-dry clothes out of the dryer in mid-cycle, to put their laundry in the machine. It was a dryer hijacking!
I've never been in a cat-fight, but I got close that day...

2 Comments:
Always an adventure reading your posts, Jo. RLB.
Hi, Richard :-)
hmmm...that could be a good thing or a bad thing...;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home