Happy Winter
Winter officially starts today at 1:35 PM. I guess this means that we have reached the shortest day of the year. And now, daylight hours will incrementally increase every day. Thank doG!!
Yesterday at 5:30 PM, I was ready for bed. Because it was so dark outside, I was ready to put on my PJs and get under the covers. I almost did. Seriously.
I cannot wait for the sunlight to come back!!
If you live in Amherst and drive by campus, have you seen that stonehenge like thing out behind the football field? Have you wondered what it is? It is a sunwheel. (like stonehenge was). If you have ever wondered about this structure on campus, today is your lucky day. At 3:30 PM tonight, there is a presentation and sunset viewing at the sunwheel to celebrate the winter solstice. There is also a sunrise presentation tomorrow at 7 AM and then another sunset presenstation viewing tomorrow afternoon at 3:30.
If you want a cliff's notes version of the story behind the winter solstice, visit Signalwriter for a really nice synopsis.
Happy Winter everyone!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home